Re: detecting resolv.conf changes

Roy Marples wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Understood. At any rate, it works for me; I run by own build from git
with this patch (plus the no-scanning-while-connected patch). (It's far
better than what I used to have to do, rewriting BIND's forwarders.conf
file on every interface change and restarting it. And using a laptop
without a local caching nameserver is just a bad idea, particularly when
you're using a GSM modem and every byte costs 1.5cents.)

NM supports resolvconf.
My implementation (openresolv) can write out configuration files for
BIND, dnsmasq and PowerDNS Recursor. With dnsmasq and DBus, the local
resolver is never restarted with is even better :)

I guess you missed the discussion on this list the first time I posted this stuff. Writing new resolv.conf files is not a good way to go. You can pick up on this from the archives if you want.

--
  -- Howard Chu