New to list

Hello,
Where can I find a trouble shooting sequence for NM?  What version
of NM should I be testing?  I want to help, know little and have
experienced both kppp & NM working and failing since early Oct 7.

I have for use in testing:
Cellular modems Sierra AC860 & AC875. A Sierra 885USB is in mail to me.
Lenovo notebook with Intel 945 chipset .
Gateway MX6447 with AMD & ATI RS485M chipset.
Shuttle with AMD 64 & Nvidia chipset can also be used for testing only the 885 for lack of a PC card slot.
Each computer has several 20 GB partitions for install of Linux.

Last week, daily builds of Ubuntu, Kubuntu & Xubuntu would not work with 860 or 875 and Xubuntu did not work with Ethernet, 802 or cellular data cards. With kernel 2.6.14 only 802 & 875 work but if NM 0.7 is allowed to install the AC875 is found not to be a broadband device. Much of what I have read is outdated or conflicts with what I see when running same commands. If I know where to find a testing method or sequence, I would be happy to test Ethernet, 802 & cellular on each computer.

Where can I find a trouble shooting sequence for NM? Or how else can I help?

Eric Lee Elliott