Howto set up ufw and wireless hub?

Two current objectives are howto set up the ufw firewall (with the
connection sharing) and howto enable wireless hub capability, but so
far I haven't had too much success... I could describe my various
adventures and failures at various levels of detail, but mayhaps
someone here can point me at the appropriate howto documents? Or
maybe the best thing would be tips on how to find the proper howto?
Lots of them out there, but I must be using the wrong keywords and I
keep finding the hownotto docs.

I have a lesser interest in collecting some network statistics. Can
anyone make a recommendation there? The two metrics I most want are
cumulative traffic totals for various intervals, and the last
connection time on my wireless adapter (so I can know how long until
the 6-hour limit forces a reconnection).

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/