From: Tambet Ingo [mailto:tambet gmail com]
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 3:06 AM
To: Hooker, Jonathan
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Issue with Auto eth0

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:51, Hooker, Jonathan <Jonathan Hooker garmin com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks! One more question... My developers use a usb ethernet connection to connect to their development devices. Is there any way to tell NM to default to eth0 always and when the usb0 gets plugged in to automatically connect to it as a second ethernet connection?

Yes, that is also the default behavior. If both devices just need to use DHCP, then one connection data is enough and both devices can use it. There's a "MAC address" field in the connection editor to tie the configuration with specific device. If you require different connection settings, create two connections and specify the MAC address on both to lock the connection data to specific device.

Tambet

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation