Re: Issue with Auto eth0

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:51, Hooker, Jonathan
<Jonathan Hooker garmin com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks! One more question... My developers use a usb ethernet connection to connect to their development devices. Is there any way to tell NM to default to eth0 always and when the usb0 gets plugged in to automatically connect to it as a second ethernet connection?

Yes, that is also the default behavior. If both devices just need to
use DHCP, then one connection data is enough and both devices can use
it. There's a "MAC address" field in the connection editor to tie the
configuration with specific device. If you require different
connection settings, create two connections and specify the MAC
address on both to lock the connection data to specific device.

Tambet