GSM modems supported by network-manager-0.7 - help!

I am considering buying iPlus (internet access from a Polish GSM
provider Polkomtel), and I have trouble predicting which GSM modem
would work with network-manager-0.7 on Hardy.

I want to use network-manager and not pppd or wicd; I want
GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA (HSPA might be useful in future); ExpressCard or
PCMCIA is preferred, USB is acceptable.

iPlus provides a small choice of modems
<http://www1.plus.pl/si/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiPhonesListCmd?catalogId=1000000002&categoryId=1000000016&viewId=2&storeId=10001>:
- Huawei E800 (ExpressCard)
- ZTE MF335 (ExpressCard)
- Huawei E630 (PCMCIA)
- Huawei E870 (HSPA, ExpressCard)
- Option Icon 225 (USB)
- Huawei E272 (HSPA, USB)
- Huawei E220 (USB)

There is some Ubuntu compatibility list at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager/Hardware/3G>, but all the
above modems are not on the list (not even with an "unknown" status)
except Huawei E220 (which works "with some tweakage"). Googling for
success stories did not bring anything interesting - there are only
problem stories.

I suppose I could buy a modem myself, and take only a SIM card from
Polkomtel, but I still don't know which modem to choose - not because
I have too many to choose from, but because I see nothing which is
known to work and which I could buy in Poland.

So I am asking here, which GSM modem do you recommend? Do anything
from the above list work with nm-0.7? If not from this list, something
I could buy in Poland?

--
Marcin Kowalczyk
qrczak knm org pl