NM 0.7 Ignores ppp configuration

Im using NM 0.7 in ubuntu 8.10 with all the latest patches, recently I
have noticed that my mobile ISP (3uk) will often send bogus DNS settings
to totaly fictitious DNS servers on about 30% of connects, so I decided
to change the ppp settings on the USB modem configuration to DHCP
address only and set the DNS entries manualy to point at OpenDNS.orgs
servers.

However it appears that regardless of what ever settings i place there,
NM uses the DNS aquired by DHCP (i can see it doing it by
tailing /etc/resolv.conf)

Any ideas?...