Re: issues with new wpa adhoc fixes

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 09:26 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 08:26 +0200, Björn Martensen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried the adhoc wpa fixes from yesterday and found some issues:
>
> Can you try with svn r4200?  There were a few unrelated issues that I
> fixed last night/this morning that could help out some of the issues
> here.

it definately works better now, but still has some problems.
1. applet still shows all grey bars, another icon might be better here.
2. the first time i create the connection, the radio button in the
applet's list isn't selected. none is. when i connect to my home network
and back to the adhoc, it's selected.
3. say i connected to my home wifi automatically after session login.
now i create a new adhoc network (select it from the list, as i created
it before already), and connect to the home network again.
now i switch to the adhoc network again by using the "create" option
again. this works fine.
now i am connected to the adhoc network and select it in the applet's
list again, sometimes the daemon crashes and sometimes i just get
disconnected so i auto-connect to the home network again.
i'll try to figure out what action exactly is crashing the daemon as it
was pretty random, but i managed to get the crash 3 times now, so it is
there ;)

> Also, what kernel and wpa_supplicant version are you using?  They
> greatly affect whether you can create adhoc networks at all.

kernel 2.6.27.1, iwl3945 and wpa_supplicant 0.6.4