Re: Mobile Broadband - how do I trace/debug the modem initialisation?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Stuart Ward <stuart ward bcs org> wrote:
> The issue is that you have enabled unsolicited response codes. Several
> possable solutions
> 1) add +CREG=0 to your init string to disable.
> 2) perhaps nm should be able to parse the response string and match it to a
> regex expression rather than a fixed string. What is important is the the
> modem is registered to a network so a response of 1 or 5 would be valid

What? The issue is that there's a modem that does not like 'Z' (reset)
command. It has nothing to do with +CREG or unsolicited response
codes. We're talking about modem initialization, registration comes
way later _after_ modem is initialized.

Tambet