Re: Preventing automatic DHCP requests

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 12:30 +0200, Sverre Bakke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if there are any way to prevent Network Manager from
> automatically send a DHCP request upon connecting to a (any) network?
> What I want to achieve is so that every time I connect to a network
> (using NM), network manager just waits for me to manually ask for the
> IP settings through dhclient or similar.

You can set up a static IP connection with NM 0.7 and set it to not
autoconnect, at which point you can manually choose which connection
you'd like to make from the menu whenever you want to do so.  Then you
can delete the "Auto Ethernet" connection and you can have complete
manual control over when and what your network settings for the ethernet
card are.

Dan