Preventing automatic DHCP requests

Hi

I was wondering if there are any way to prevent Network Manager from
automatically send a DHCP request upon connecting to a (any) network?
What I want to achieve is so that every time I connect to a network
(using NM), network manager just waits for me to manually ask for the
IP settings through dhclient or similar.

I tried looking for the documentation, but could not find anything
about this neither on the NM website or on google so I was hoping
anyone here could either point me in the right direction or confirm
whether its even possible or not so I can stop wasting my time if its
not possible. I appreciate all answers to this question, both positive
and negative.

Thank you

-- Sverre Bakke