Re: Networkmanager inserting 'stray' DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 18:23 +0000, Dan Williams wrote:
> Do you have any DNS servers configured in /etc/network/interfaces?

No, no DNS servers there...

And to...

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 18:12 +0000, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
I'd personally check if resolvconf is installed on your system, then
> if it is, whether the opendns.org server is listed in one of the files
> under /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d.
>
> Resolvconf does have some special behavior that isn't always what
> you'd want or expect, I found; especially when using
> network-manager-vpnc on Ubuntu 8.04.

No, I don't have resolvconf installed:

dpkg -l resolvconf

Status=Not/Installed/Config-f/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/t-aWait/T-pend
uppercase=bad)
un  resolvconf     <none>         (no description available)

The only thing that occurs to me is that the 'pattern' of my work
is to start my day at home, shutdown, startup again in the office.
The opendns.org nameserver always comes first.

Dimly grasping at straws,  I deleted all the 'manual configuration'
entries
in nm and will monitor to see if any these are influencing what is
going on here.

Rick