Networkmanager inserting 'stray' DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf

Hi...

My environment:

Kernel: 2.6.24-21-386 on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)
HW:     Compaq nc6220
NM:     0.6.6-0ubuntu5

At home,  I have wireless configured to get DNS from opendns.org
(207.67.222.222).  I never use wired connections at home.  When I
vpn into work,  the vpn software I use alters /etc/resolv.conf to
put the work dns servers in front of the home dns servers.

At the office, I exclusively used wired connections and despite that
I find that nm will insert a DNS reference to the 'home' DNS server
first.   Since I am behind a firewall, this ensures that every DNS
request I make first fails, and has to drop back to the internal
DNS servers.   I can't figure out where NM is getting this value.
I routinely hack it out, but a restart of NM puts is back.

Is there a way to correct this or is this an artifact of this
version of NM?

Rick