Re: Strange VPN problems

--On Sunday, November 09, 2008 23:42:07 -0500 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
¦ On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 11:27 +0000, Rick Jones wrote:
¦ >
¦ > Is it possible to use that dialog to define a route via a dynamic
¦ > address? E.g. to set a default route via the MB provider, or the WiFi
¦ > hotspot hub, where the address is unknown prior to connection?
¦
¦ Not at this time; though you can use dispatcher scripts to do this on a
¦ per-connection basis using the connection's UUID if you like.  I assume
¦ you mean some special notation where NM would substitute the device's
¦ current gateway or something like that?

Just been chewing this over a bit - I think you'd need a couple of substitute codes, one for the current gateway on the main connection, and one for the gateway on the VPN. E.g. you might want to define specific route(s) over the VPN leaving the default on the main connection, or you might want to do it the other way round.

Cheers, Rick