Re: E71 Nokia with NetworkManager Applet 0.7.0 for 3G Internet connection

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 22:08 +0300, EMAD AL-BLOUSHI wrote:
> Dear All
> Honestly I would like to thank you for your valuable work besides I
> want to let you know about a little bug while using NetworkManager
> with E71 for 3G Internet connection using USB cable , it works
> perfectly but when I click on disconnect button nothing happen so
> kindly attached files for further details
>
> Finally, I'm using  Ubuntu 8.10 - the Intrepid Ibex - released in October 2008.

If you could, stop NetworkManager, and then from a terminal as root:

NM_SERIAL_DEBUG=1 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon

then connect, and trigger your disconnect bug, and reply with a full log
of the NM output.

Thanks!
Dan

I have done what you mentioned and I got this result when I run the command

Emad al3omdah:~$ sudo NM_SERIAL_DEBUG=1 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon
NetworkManager: <info>  starting...
NetworkManager: <WARN>  nm_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManager service as it is already taken.
NetworkManager: <info>  disconnected by the system bus.
NetworkManager: <WARN>  main(): Failed to start the dbus manager.

Thanks,
Emad Al-Bloushi