Re: I probably have the wrong idea for NetworkManager...

Let me ask this - are you able to disable the wired interface at all?
I can select the checkbox to turn it off,  close the interface and
find the foolish thing back on minutes later.

In fact, if there was a way to configure it so that it would not pay
any attention to the wired interface, I'd be relatively happy.   It
seems that when we try to get a dhcp address on the wired interface is
when my vpn drops.

--
Rick Beldin
Marietta, GA