Re: netmanager problems with ubuntu 8.04

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Eric S. Johansson <esj harvee org> wrote:
> Kenneth Crudup wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 May 2008, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>>
>>> ... but ends up with me trying networkmanager 0.7.  must say that with
>>> backported modules, wifi works great again.  I am most grateful.
>>
>> What did you do?! I've been unable to get it to work from the SVN.
>>

> didn't use svn.  not that much of a masochist.
>
> back port modules info here
> http://linuxtechie.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/making-intel-wireless-3945abg-work-better-on-ubuntu-hardy/
>
> network manager 0.7 info from here  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=676992

I think those packages are somewhat old, Alexander is the Ubuntu
Maintainer so they are certainly trustworthy but the feature set in
those packages is significantly less than recent snapshots.   I know
that Alexander is busy and in the past he has stated that it is his
intent is to provide packages when NM 0.7 goes final so in the
meantime I rebuilt the packages Michael Biebl is building for Debian
SID and so far they seem to work well.   I posted the packages and a
howto here:

Please do not post any bugs to Launchpad for these packages, they are
not in any way shape or form support by Canonical.

These packages were rebuilt from Michael's repo as of May 9th.