Re: [RFC] Install introspection files v2

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 15:18 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a new version of the patch (I merged both patches together)
> against r3591. Therefore the introspection files should be up-to-date.

So I apparently lied; we may not (yet) be able to split out the files
with multiple interfaces.  Is that going to be a problem?  We'll need
updates to dbus-glib-binding-tool to handle multiple input files, since
you can only set the interface information once with dbus-glib, you
can't add to it AFAIK.

If that's still OK for you, I'm fine with committing the patch.

Also, please note that the introspection XML files are really an
implementation detail of dbus-glib, and as such, if GObject
introspection or some better method of hooking up D-Bus and GObject, the
introspection XML files in their current form will probably go away.
We'd have to figure out another way to generate the API docs at that
time, which might also include a method to get the introspection XML
back out of NM directly with D-Bus Introspect() calls or something.

Dan