Auto-connect VPN

Hi,
I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 with the current standard nm-packages. Is there a feature planned (or maybe already implemented) which auto-connects a VPN (which works great with the vpnc-plugin), when the NM discovers a specific WLAN (maybe defined by SSID). It would be very useful for me, when I'm using my WLAN at my university. This question was already asked by Christoph Höger, but he did not get an answer, unfortunately. Maybe I have more luck.
Thanks in advance.
Andreas