nm applet and hidden ssid

I'm running F8 with the latest kernel, wpa_supplament and NetworkManager
from koji. My wireless network has a hidden ssid, I am able to connect
through nm applet using the 'connect to other wireless network...' Then
the ssid shows up on the wireless networks list in nm applet.

I am normally on a wired net and after a reboot the hidden ssid I
connected before is gone and I have to go through the same steps as
above. Which sucks. Also if I disconnect from wired network nm does not
automatically switch to the ssid I had last which was the hidden one.

Would it be better if once you connected to a hidden ssid it would
always appear in the list if you are within range?

-Thanks