Re: How many SSIDs can be listed?

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 10:55 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> >
> > Are any of the APs hidden?
> >
> If they are 'hidden' (which is a myth, read my paper on this), they are
> not of interest.  Hidding an SSID is a waste of effort.  And it
> seriously breaks AP roaming.

But we're talking about the client side here.  There are, unfortunately,
still admins that insist (contrary to all advice) on hiding their SSIDs.
I may (do!) need to connect to one of these nets, and I have no
influence over their policy 8^(.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs