Re: How many SSIDs can be listed?

There's another problem.  The wireless extensions have a size limit
for the scan results data.  The buffer size is a u16, which means you're
limited to 65535 bytes.  The network manager buffer increase algorithm
keeps doubling the buffer size, so you get 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k, 32k, 64k..
but 64k mod 2^16 == 0!  Meaning you never actually get to try a full 64k
buffer.

A workaround to this issue is to change the NM code to max out at
65535 instead of 65536 or "100000" (which is the current limit)..

This is being a MAJOR problem to a bunch of us at the IETF because
we can easily hear well over 100 APs most of the time.

-derek