Re: does current svn version networkmanager support WPA (PEAP-MSCHAPV2)?

On 06/03/2008, Forrest Sheng Bao <forrest bao gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am tired trying wpa_supplicant and xsupplicant. Does current svn version
> networkmanager support WPA? I mean, I want a GUI to configure the connection
> to PEAP-MSCHAPv2-enabled Wi-fi.

It seems to depend a lot on the driver/card you use. For instance, my
iwl3945 randomly "thinks" it got disconnected from the AP and NM will
go nuts trying to reconnect. I usually can get by using only
wpa_supplicant with the following config:

        identity="my_id my_univ"

and then:
$ sudo wpa_supplicant -c/path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -Dwext -wB
$ sudo dhclient wlan0

Of course the driver sometimes still thinks it has been disconnected
and I just have to wait some minutes for it to associate again, but at
least I don't get the "insert your configuration again" NM dialog.

FWIW, all this is on Fedora 8 with latest NM 0.7.0 bits.

Good luck,