Re: does current svn version networkmanager support WPA (PEAP-MSCHAPV2)?
- From: "Rui Tiago Cação Matos" <rmatos av it pt>
- To: "Forrest Sheng Bao" <forrest bao gmail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: does current svn version networkmanager support WPA (PEAP-MSCHAPV2)?
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:25:10 +0000
On 06/03/2008, Forrest Sheng Bao <forrest bao gmail com> wrote:
> I am tired trying wpa_supplicant and xsupplicant. Does current svn version
> networkmanager support WPA? I mean, I want a GUI to configure the connection
> to PEAP-MSCHAPv2-enabled Wi-fi.
It seems to depend a lot on the driver/card you use. For instance, my
iwl3945 randomly "thinks" it got disconnected from the AP and NM will
go nuts trying to reconnect. I usually can get by using only
wpa_supplicant with the following config:
$ sudo wpa_supplicant -c/path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -Dwext -wB
$ sudo dhclient wlan0
Of course the driver sometimes still thinks it has been disconnected
and I just have to wait some minutes for it to associate again, but at
least I don't get the "insert your configuration again" NM dialog.
FWIW, all this is on Fedora 8 with latest NM 0.7.0 bits.
] [Thread Prev