Re: nw does not send hostname

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 14:13 +0100, Daniel Lehle wrote:

> > Without networkmanager means using dhcpcd, dhclient, or other?
> I used dhcpcd when trying without networkmanager. Does dhclient.conf
> belong to dhcpcd or is dhclient another DHCP client? What  program does
> networkmanager use?

dhclient.conf belongs to dhclient.  NetworkManager uses dhclient
underneath.  Be sure that you've got the dhclient file in the right
location, since different distributions use different locations for the
file.  Fedora uses /etc/dhclient.conf, but I'm pretty sure that
debian-based distros use something quite different.

That said, dhclient _always_ looks at it's default config file location
even if you specify a different config file on the command line.  So it
should be picking up the options you're passing.