nw does not send hostname

Hello,

networkmanager does not send my laptop's hostname to the DNS server, so I can't ping the host by its name :( I searched the web for that problem, but I just found out a solution which didn't work for me (send hostname in dhclient.conf).

I inspected the DHCP packets which were sent by the laptop and there the correct hostname is listed! I'm running Gentoo with tuxonice-2.6.23 kernel. When I connect without networkmanager all is fine, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with dhcpcd.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Regards,
Daniel Lehle