Re: Note regarding PEAP on NM 0.7

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 13:40 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:

>> > I can't think of anything in NM that would have changed.  Things that
>> > would affect this would be the supplicant or the ACS server...  Any idea
>> > if those versions have changed?
>> >
>> > Dan
>> >

>> Nope, in fact if I run 0.6.6 it works fine (I rolled back when
>> troubleshooting it), but when I run 0.7 it fails using
>> domain\username.   I don't know if it is a big deal since user domain
>> should work fine for anyone running Windows 2000 or later...   It just
>> might be confusing since most supplicants tell you to use
>> domain\username
>
> Can you see what it looks like in GConf when you use domain\username?  I
> wonder if it's an escaping issue.  Also, when you use domain\username,
> does NM send the option through to the supplicant like that or is it
> mangled in some way?  /var/log/messages should show during the
> connection attempt.
>
> Dan

The entries look correct in GConf and it seems to be entered as
domain\username properly.

To add to the craziness, I rebooted and then user domain stopped
working.   I switched to domain\user and it started working.   I am
going to enable some logging.   It is weird that 0.6.6 works fine
everytime but 0.7 doesn't however I am leaning towards something odd
with my setup and not with NetworkManager.   The Aruba AP's have some
aggressive Wireless IDS options and I wonder if I triggered it
somehow.

Consider this noise for now, sorry about that   ;-)