Re: [ANNOUNCE] ModemManager (for GSM and CDMA)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome org> wrote:
> Is nice to see this kind of software popping up :-)
>
> Are you in touch with the guys behind mobilemanager
> (http://mobilemanager.movilforum.com/)? They sent an announcement about
> a DBUS system like ModemManager a couple of months ago. They are part of
> Telefonica, and that's the movement they did to integrate their software
> with Network Manager.

Yes, I know. That's the main reason why we'll be moving to the out of
process DBus service. NM can't support all modem DBus service
implementations out there and this work has partly been for defining a
common API. With the SVN branch of NM I posted, it would be very easy
to integrate whoever might be interested in doing so. For the longer
term, my personal opinion is that system daemons should be written in
C (but it's a matter of opinion, and with out of process
implementation, it's easy to disagree and use something else).

Tambet