Re: How to disconnect

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 08:45 +0200, Giovanni Lovato wrote:
> Giovanni Lovato wrote:
> > How can I disconnect from a wired or wireless network (without disabling
> > networking of course)?
>
> Elaborating a bit more: I am connected with two wired device and I want
> to disconnect from one of them; or I am connected to a wireless network
> and I want to disconnect from it but being able to see available
> networks (i.e. not disabling wireless).

As long as none of your wireless connections are marked 'autoconnect',
you could use dbus-send to do the disconnection since the D-Bus command
for that exists.  The current applet UI doesn't expose that because it's
pretty useless for most people, but I expect we'll revisit that when
redoing the applet UI design.

dan