Re: Can I have NetworkManager release wirelecc card?

Are you using Fedora? if so, why don't you try asking your question
at: http://www.fedoraforum.org/.

And yes, but technicialy speaking, it's more of a "Debian Thing".
Ubuntu is a "Debian" derivative, and Fedora is a "Red Had" variant.
They are two very different distributions, although they both use the
same Linux Kernel. For a better understanding see:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/44218-linuxdistrotimeline-7.2.png
(warning not for the faint of heart!)