Re: Wired NIC bridged through WLAN AP doesn't auto-connect

> It's autodetected from the card.  NM will try to get the carrier state
> through ethtool, then through mii-tool.

What part of the mii-tool output does it look for?

the "link ok"/"no link" part?

Could it be that the NetworkManager on this machine doesn't fall back to
mii-tool after ethtool fails?  Is there a way to find out?

The only "mii-tool" mentions I find in /var/log/*  are sudo commands
logged in /var/log/auth, and an install message in bootstrap.log.

Thanx!