Re: Toshiba TDP-TW95 wireless projector and NM 0.7

Matej Kovacic wrote:
Hi,

in my office we have Toshiba TDP-TW95 wireless projector.

With Ubuntu 8.10 I can see ad-hoc connection:
http://matej.owca.info/TDP-TW95.png

what wireless card do you have on your client pc ?
let us see the lspci output to see what chip do you have.
with the atheros chipsets, i never succeeded in putting ad-hoc mode with the network manager because the driver uses is own userland tools to change the mode (wlanconfig). you should first try to connect manually to your projector to see if its working.

However, when I click to that connection nothing happens or after some
time NM requests WEP password (but we do not use any password under
Windows).

I bet that NM cant connect to your projector because he cant switch to the ad-hoc mode , then he tries the next valid connection in the list , whic we can see on your png file is an encrypted network.
Any solution how to connect?

Of course, there should also be some software to transfer the picture
from the computer to the projector, but I was unable to find anything
for Linux.

Any solution?

Tnx, Matej