autoconnect connection property

Hi,

to ensure the to expected behavior I have an understanding question regarding the 'autoconnect" property for a connection. Does this mean, when I export a connection on startup (with the NewConnection call) and the "autoconnect" property is set for this connection that NM does directly connect to it?

Or do I still need to call ActivateConnection for that connection? Is it right, that if I have 2 access points available that NM connects to the one which I have been connected to last (timestamp)?

So, does all this logic lives in NM and I only have to export the connections in my user interface application (e.g. nm-applet)?

Thanks,
   Simon