Re: Bluetooth support

Hi

I'd love to help with the implementation of the GPRS over Bluetooth in NM.
Is it an active project and is there any way I could contribute at the moment?
I have it working using manual configuration on
Ubuntu 8.10
bluez-utils 4.12
Samsung D500 phone on a prepaid Vodaphone service in UK

All the best,
Jos

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 10:45 +1100, Mikel Ward wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd love to be able to have GPRS over Bluetooth work, even if it
> required properly configuring /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf at first
> (it's the manual PPP stuff I hate).

We've got a plan, and BT is a top work item for NM 0.8, which I'll try
to detail soon on this list.  It won't involve any mucking with
rfcomm.conf since all that can be done automatically with the Bluez
D-Bus interface.  It may require a fairly recent version of Bluez though
(like 3.29 or later).

> Is there any way I can help?

We'll need testing at some point, of course.  At the moment though,
we're in the planning stages.  What distro are you running and what
version of the bluez-utils packages do you have?