NM not working with zoom adsl modem/router

I have just acquired a new lenovo laptop with an intel wireless pro b g
wireless card.  I am running Fedora 9 and have installed the latest
Network Manager updates.

I can connect to various public wifi hotspots with no problem, however,
when I try to connect to my home network I cannot connect.  This is the
case both with encryption turned on as well as off.  NM gets as far as
two green lights with the trail swirling around them,  but, never
connects.

Any ideas??