Re: An Idea

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 14:36 +0300, Tambet Ingo wrote:
> This can (and should) be done easily with dispatcher scripts. There's
> a lot of things that might need to be changed depending on location
> (things like printers, browser proxies, SMTP server, firewall, ...)

I've been thinking about this recently --- is there an established,
medium-neutral way of securely identifying a network? I was thinking of
doing something like adding an extra option to DHCP that gave clients a
HTTPS URL which they could use to identify and authenticate a network
(triggered by an NMD hook), and then configure themselves according to a
local database.

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz googlemail com
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D