Re: An Idea

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:15 AM, Hasan Ceylan <hceylan batoo org> wrote:
<snip>
> Now, then the dynamic hosts file idea came on my mind. Wouldn't it be nice
> to have some hosts definitions  in the connection properties so that they
> become effective based on the connection just like the IP and DNS setting
> based on connection profile in Network Manager

This can (and should) be done easily with dispatcher scripts. There's
a lot of things that might need to be changed depending on location
(things like printers, browser proxies, SMTP server, firewall, ...)
and NM should not try to do everything. Instead, it should provide an
easy way to add hooks and that's what the dispatcher is for.

Tambet