Re: Network Manager and NFS

Hello,

> I like the way Knetwork Manager and Network Manager work for the most part,
> but I find I cannot use them - why - because I need to change my nfs networks
> at each site I log into. And because network manager doesn't understand this,
> I have to use ifup and scpm to do it.

The "semi-canonical" way to do it probably to add some hook scripts
into /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/. Last time I checked, the
dispatcher ran each of these scripts in alphanumeric order with
arguments

    <interface> {up|down}

You'll probably need to cook up some of your own wizardry in order to
automatically decide what network you're on, then change the NFS mounts,
etc. (I don't think there's any way at present to automate this on a
per-user basis, although as far as I understand it'd certainly be
possible with the current  NM to write a user session daemon that waits
for a particular network connection and then, say, does a FUSE mount.)

James.

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz googlemail com
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D