Re: PPPoE + SELinux

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 14:55 +0300, tracid wrote:
> Hello.
> I've set up a DSL connection in NM Applet, but when I select the DSL connection, NM dies, probably cause SELinux stuff:
> SELinux is preventing gdb (NetworkManager_t) "write" to ./rpm (rpm_var_lib_t).
> SELinux is preventing gdb (NetworkManager_t) "getattr" to /var/lib/rpm/Packages (rpm_var_lib_t).
> SELinux is preventing gdb (NetworkManager_t) "setsched" to <Unknown> (NetworkManager_t).
> SELinux is preventing the gdb from using potentially mislabeled files (./tmp).
> How could I fix this without disabling SELinux, as restorecon doesn't seem to work it out?
> Thanks!

We probably need to update the SELinux policy to allow NM to do some of
these things.  First though, could you install gdb, then
'debuginfo-install NetworkManager-debuginfo', and gdb attach to NM, then
try your PPPoE connection?  That should allow us to figure out where NM
is dying.

Also, could you make sure that you have the latest NM?  if you're using
Fedora, the latest is available from Koji (search for NetworkManager in
the box in the upper right, you want svn3614).

Thanks!