Wireless Chips

I just finished reading the Network manager story in the Red Hat Magazine. It had a list of chips that work with Linux and a list that don't.
Are these chips the kind that are in the computer or are they PCMCIA type.
I have a Dell Inspiron B130, that has a broadcom wireless card. Haven't found a way to use it on wireless. Does anyone know of a PCMCIA card that would work in its place? I am using Fedora 8 which works very well on DSL. I will be doing some traveling this summer and would like to be able to use the wireless such as in airports, etc.

Herb Taylor