Re: NM not detecting device when kernel module unloaded

Hi!

> > otherwise it works all ok. Ie, rmmod ipw2200 && ./NetworkManager
> > fails
> > to detect my wireless interface but modprobe ipw2200 &&
> > ./NetworkManager sees the wireless device. Is this a bug or a
> > feature?
>
> What version of NM?

Current SVN trunk.

> Seems like a bug.  Can you grab the syslog output for around the time
> that you rmmod the device?  Also run 'lshal --monitor'  before you
> rmmod
> it, hit return a bunch of times in that terminal after you do, then
> modprobe it again and send that log too.
>
> It's a chain of udev -> hal -> NetworkManager, and we need to figure
> out if HAL is sending out the device removal event.

Um, please notice that I was doing rmmod/modprobe while NM was not
running, so thing I was asking was whether NM should possibly init
devices which have no kernel modules loaded when starting up. If I do
rmmod/modprobe while NM is running then everything works like charm.

Thanks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and