Re: Note about device activation in current trunk...

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 08:21 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, 14. September 2007 22:22:33 schrieb Dan Williams:
> > >
> > > Agreed ;)
> >
> > Committed to svn.  Can you test out and report?  Make sure knm emits the
> > NewConnection signal on it's settings service when it adds the
> > connection it's just created before calling device.Activate().
>
> Works for me/KNM now :)

Tambet has a patch to change the activation call a bit.  Basically, the
code sucks in NM right now to handle the deferred activation, so we'd
like to move the Device.Activate() method to the NMManager object, where
you would call NMManager.ActivateDevice() instead.  The Deactivate()
call would still be on the Device object.  Sound OK?  It makes the
internal NM code for deferred activation a lot cleaner.

> Yippee, yesterday I was able to create a new wired connection on the fly and
> directly activate it.

Awesome :)

> Static IP configuration does not work yet (even if I send an IPv4 setting),
> right?

Not yet, but it's likely easy to do.