Re: Using LEAP, WPA-EAP and CCMP with NetworkManager

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 17:46 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 15:26 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 22:03 +0200, Jan Vlug wrote:
> > > I want to use NetworkManager to setup my wireless connection, however I
> > > do not manage to get it working.
> > >
> > > When using wpa_supplicant, I can connect to the wireless network by
> > > using these settings:
> > > network={
> > >   ssid="NAME"
> > >   scan_ssid=1
> > >   key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
> > >   pairwise=CCMP
> > >   eap=LEAP
> > >   identity="me"
> > >   password="secret"
> > > }
> > >
> > > Is this configuration supported by the NetworkManager GUI?
> > > I am using Fedora 7.
> > At the risk of being shot down choose in nm-applet Connect to Other
> > Wireless Network and a GUI will open up giving you a choice of LEAP, WPA
> > with PEAP , etc.
> >  However , in my case the GUI for WPA with PEAP  opened up automatically
> > when I chose the AP using that protocol.
>
> I don't think there's a GUI option for LEAP as an eap method; it's
> likely simple to add one though since it shouldn't require much behind
> the scenes or in the UI at all.  Seems pretty easy.
>
> Dan

I am not sure what you mean. There are two different GUI based ways to get
 LEAP authorization in NM. The first is an option in the default security
 GUI as an alternative to WEP.
The second is in the Connect to Other Wireless Network GUI as a security
 option as as an alternative to WEP and various WPA options.

However, Dan you know much more about NM than I do so I assume the problem
is in the phrase "LEAP and an eap method" whose meaning is not clear to me.
You are a very redundant person, that's what kind of person you are.