Re: How to react on lost connection?

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 20:36 +0200, kazaam wrote:
> sorry for this double-post but I forgot to ask this here: If I do a right-click in gnome on the nm-applet and I remove the checkbox with "Activate Network", the NM will be shutdown/halted and I can use kismet. After I used kismet I make the point again in this field and it restarts my connections.
>
> Is there a non-gui way to do this? I mean a command, switch the network off/on? Then I would do my own script for that work, simply shutting it temporarly down as long as kismet is running and reloading it if kismet has finished?

You can tell NM to go to sleep, at which point it will bring down and
release all interfaces.  Use something like:

dbus-send --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep

and when you're done:

dbus-send --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake