Re: Connection problem/kernel oops with orinoco-usb

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 20:04 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:

> I did a little bit of research and there is a help article in the
> Ubuntu wiki that describes the same problem that you are having but
> with no solution.   The messages you are receiving usually indicate
> that the device doesn't support WEXT.   Are you launching
> wpa_supplicant with -Dwext and it connects?

wpa_supplicant connects just fine w/o specifying -Dwext.  The only
effect -Dwext has on wpa_supplicant is that it doesn't run
"SIOCGIWSCAN".  (logs attached)

wpa_supplicant seems to call "SIOCSIWAUTH" whether launched manually or
by NM.  However, it's only in the case with NM that association
ultimately fails and the driver gets into a flaky state.  This may be
due to the "AP_SCAN 2" step.  (see previous email with NM log)

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make this work, or whether
NM or the driver need modification.

Best,

Sourav
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: No data available
Trying to associate with 00:03:2f:06:fc:7d (SSID='SMC2404WBR' freq=2412 MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 6 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWGENIE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 0 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 1 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 2 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 3 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 10 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 8 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWFREQ]: Device or resource busy
ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not supported
Association request to the driver failed
Associated with 00:03:2f:06:fc:7d
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:03:2f:06:fc:7d completed (auth) [id=0
id_str=]

ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - Trying to associate with 00:03:2f:06:fc:7d