Re: BUG: NM only connects the third time

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 04:16:16PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Your message motivated me to try to compile knetworkmanager from svn. As
> > you predicted, it solved my problem. Thanks a lot ! I wonder why fedora
> > didn't push an update to fix that annoying bug.
>
> Which Fedora version?  F7 or F8?

That's a Fedora 7, with a knetworkmanager from svn20070815, while the bug
has been fixed (I think) on 20070827:
		* src/knetworkmanager-nminfo.cpp: Avoid a race on the DBus which
		  sometimes prevents connection to wireless networks

> What hardware do you have?  You may need to ensure that the dcdbas
> kernel module is installed for Dell laptops, and that you have
> dellWirelessCtl.  This message means that HAL has an rfkill item for
> your laptop, but the error says that something is going wrong when
> querying that killswitch.  What version (and RPM release #) of HAL do
> you have?

That was it; I have a dell, but didn't know about dcdbas or libsmbiosi
(and the error message didn't help...) Thanks for the info !

Éric