Re: BUG: NM only connects the third time

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:51:55AM +0100, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 1. November 2007 11:16:12 schrieb Eric Brunet lps ens fr:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On my laptop, when I boot and login, I have no connection.
> >
> > I click on knetworkmanager's icon to select my wifi access point, I have
> > the progress bar going up to 100% and the "signal strength" staircase
> > icon appears. Looks good, but I don't actually have a connexion: after 4
> > or 5 seconds the icon updates back to "no connexion".
> >
> > I click again on knetworkmanager's icon, and this time it works properly
> > and I have my connexion.

> >   <info>  Error getting killswitch power:
> > org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported - Access type not
> > supported which appears, approximatively, every 6 seconds.
>
> KNM 0.2.1 is not yet officially released.
> Your connection-problem will be most likely fixed in KNM 0.2.1.

Hi !

Your message motivated me to try to compile knetworkmanager from svn. As
you predicted, it solved my problem. Thanks a lot ! I wonder why fedora
didn't push an update to fix that annoying bug.

Quite unimportant, but by curiosity, what is the meaning of this message
I get every 6 seconds that I was talking about, and is there a way to fix it ?

13:54:25 NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported - Access type not supported
13:55:01 last message repeated 6 times
13:56:02 last message repeated 10 times
13:57:08 last message repeated 11 times
13:58:14 last message repeated 11 times