network interface alias howto

Hello,

Congratularions for this app. It's wonderfull :)

I need to set up an alias for my network interface. Before I did using /etc/network/interfaces with the content:
auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
address 192.168.64.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.64.0
broadcast 192.168.64.255

I would like to know how can i do this with the NetworkManager/.

I stoped the network daemon and i still have my network up, so i guess this file is not working now as configuration network interfaces. Do I have a right impression or interfaces files is still working for network configuration ?

Any hint please ?

Please do a reply all like this i will read the email in my email, i don't use to check this account.

Thanks in advance.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com