Re: dbus sleep/wake problem

Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Mit, 2007-05-02 at 19:55 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Dawid Wróbel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> 	It seems that nm 0.6.5 has a problem with waking up from sleep
>>> mode. What I did was:
>>>
>> I can confirm that. network-mnanager-(applet) does not autoconnect after
>> suspend/resume.
>
> We've also had problems with reconnecting to wireless networks after
> resuming from suspend. Waiting five seconds with the real wakeup seems
> to fix it; we haven't investigated the real cause of the problem yet.
> The attached patch may help.

Hi Jürg,

thanks for the patch. Unfortunately it doesn't really solve the problem
for me. It indeed defers the wakeup/network activation but the first
connection attempt after resume always fails, and I'm prompted again to
enter the key for my WPA secured network.
If I click cancel, and select my wireless network from the dropdown list
again, nm makes a new connection attempt and on the second  try it works
most of the time.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S.: Sometimes I wished, I could tell nm-applet, that my wireless key
is correct and instead of prompting me for entering a new WPA key after
a failed connection attempt it would simply try a new reconnect.

universe are pointed away from Earth?