Re: forcing 802.11a association

Derek Atkins wrote:
Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

Like I said, "the BSSID is the same on both (a) and (b/g)", so, yes,
my AP (a D-Link) has the same BSSID/MAC on both bands.  I do not
believe there is any way for me to change this.  In fact, it uses
the same BSSID/MAC on ALL three "interfaces" (802.3, 802.11a, and 802.11b/g)
Whee.  So drivers internally now have to differentiate a specific access
point based on the (band, BSSID, SSID) tuple, which I'm pretty sure not
many do.

Um, all the drivers have ALWAYS done this.  The iwl3945 is the first
driver NOT to differentiate them!  The madwifi and the ipw3945 drivers
certain work "correctly" in my situation.

is this a known bug (feature?) in the iwlwifi drivers / ratescale alg ?