Re: forcing 802.11a association

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 18:21 +0200, Mathieu GELI wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm wondering wheter it is possible to force association on the 5Ghz band
> when a hostpot provides both 2.4 & 5 even if on 2.4 the driver reports
> a quality a little bit bigger.

Not with 0.6.x, unfortunately.  0.7 will allow you to specify a
particular band for a specific Connection.

> I doubt NM does even see the 5Ghz channels.
> The card is an Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG

It will see the channels, but if you have the same SSID on both bands,
it's completely up to wpa_supplicant and the driver itself what band it
decides to use for the association, since NM doesn't pass the channel.
I'd guess that the card just reports scan results for the b/g band
first, and therefore that's the BSSID that wpa_supplicant picks.

Dan